Ways To Donate

Annual Gift

Annual gifts, whether large or small, have true power. They are integral to Johnson Hall’s character, and through the Annual Fund, everyone who loves Johnson Hall can contribute in a real way to strengthen and enrich performing arts programs for children and adults, and preserve the historic theater.

Donate Online

Donate Offline

Have a question? Contact our office!


Capital Campaign

After years of building a performing arts organization with a growing audience base, excellent educational programs, strong community partnerships, and a reputation for artistic quality and fiscal responsibility, Johnson Hall has outgrown its current space and is ready to expand and complete renovations to its three-story, two-theater, state-of-the-art performing arts facility.

Rehabilitating the top two floors of Johnson Hall will cost $4.9 million.  Of this, $1.7 million (35%) will come from federal and state historic tax credits.  The remaining $3.2 million (65%) will be funded with private support.

The completed facility will include:

  • A 400-seat theater on the 3rd floor, with an upper balcony, raked seating to improve sight lines for all, and state-of-the-art sound, lighting, and projection equipment;
  • A gracious lobby and concessions area, restrooms, and a green room/dressing room for performers on the 2nd floor;
  • An expanded foyer and full-service box office on the ground floor;
  • ADA-compliant access to all areas of the facility, including an elevator.

When renovations are complete, Johnson Hall will house two fully functional theaters, ensuring much greater flexibility for programming, and will be able to provide a full theater experience for schools attending our Artists in the Schools Program.

Johnson Hall intends to be an engine of economic opportunity for the Kennebec Valley community.  Building on 150 years of entertainment in the old Opera House, we are committed to this goal and welcome any and all support from across the State and throughout the Northeast. We invite you to join us!

Donate Online

Donate Offline

Donate To Rick’s Cafe

This Is Rick: Help Rick Achieve His Dream of Opening “Rick’s Cafe”

Rick Dosedlo, our head Rick, has a dream. A dream to own his own bar and to name it “Rick’s Cafe.” You can help Rick Dosedlo build Johnson Hall’s new bar & concession area during our on-going rehabilitation of the theater.

The bar & concession area could be named “Rick’s Cafe” if Rick can find 99 like-minded Rick’s to join in his effort. $1,000 each for the $100,000 naming rights of that bar & concession area. If you are one of those 99, your name will be inscribed on the wall in the bar & concession area and when you come to a show, your first drink is on us!

Have any questions for our staff or Board of Directors? Get in touch below.


Endowment Giving

Johnson Hall’s Endowment Fund is a permanent, self-sustaining source of funding for Johnson Hall.  When you establish an endowment fund, you are creating a permanent legacy of support for Johnson Hall.

You can name an endowment for yourself, your family, your friend, your company – the choice is yours. Your endowment will be recorded as “The [Name of Your Choice] Endowment Fund.”

To learn more or to give an endowment gift, contact Nicole Cooley, Development Director at nicole@johnsonhall.org

Donate Online